Allamakee County nonprofits raise more than $7,000 on Great Give Day
The Allamakee County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, is excited to announce that Allamakee County nonprofits raised over $7,247 on this year’s Great Give Day, May 13.
The total includes a $1,750 matching gift from the Allamakee County Community Foundation, which provided a $250 match for participating nonprofits that raised $250.
The following Allamakee nonprofits participated:
- Allamakee County Community Foundation
- Allamakee County Conservation Foundation
- Allamakee Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- Harpers Ferry Boosters Inc.
- Main Street Lansing
- Northeast Iowa Food and Fitness Initiative
- Northeast Iowa Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D)
- TASC, Inc.
- Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission
- Veterans Memorial Health Care Foundation Endowment for Education, Recruitment and Retention
- Waukon Parks and Recreation
- Waukon Wellness Center
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque hosts Great Give Day each year as part of its mission to strengthen area nonprofits and inspire giving.
“Strong nonprofits help build strong communities, and that’s why supporting their work is a priority for the Community Foundation,” said Peter Supple, the Foundation’s economic opportunity coordinator. “We appreciate everyone who contributed. Every gift makes a difference.”
This year, a record number of nonprofits —182 — participated, representing Dubuque, Allamakee, Clinton, Clayton, Delaware, Jackson and Jones Counties. Since 2014, Great Give Day has raised over $2.5 million for local nonprofits.
Throughout the day, participating organizations competed for $32,750 in bonus prizes contributed by corporate sponsors.
The Allamakee County Community Foundation and Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque thank the many generous sponsors, donors and participating nonprofits that made Great Give Day 2021 a success.
Great Give Day Sponsors
- Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto
- Dubuque Screw Products
- Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Radio Dubuque
- Telegraph Herald
- Dubuque Bank & Trust
- Foundation for the Future of Delaware County
- Klauer Manufacturing
- MidWestOne Bank
- The Vogt Group
To view the final results, visit greatgiveday.org.