Clayton County nonprofits raise more than $14,000 on Great Give Day
The Clayton County Foundation for the Future, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, is excited to announce that Clayton County nonprofits raised over $14,497 on this year’s Great Give Day, May 13.
The total includes a $2,500 matching gift from the Leroy & Colleen Darby Family Donor-Advised Fund, which provided a match up to $250 for participating nonprofits that raised $250.
The following Clayton nonprofits participated:
- Alexander McGregor Endowment
- Central Community Scholarship Foundation
- Clayton County Conservation
- Clayton County Foundation for the Future
- Clayton County Freedom Rock
- Elkader Opera House
- Emma Big Bear Foundation
- Foundation of Cornerstone Communities
- Froelich Foundation for the Preservation of Farm Tractor History, Inc
- Garnavillo Historical Society
- Guttenberg Fire Department
- Imagine the Possibilities
- Mederville Cemetery
- Monona Family Aquatic Center
- Monona Garden and Trail Endowment
- Motor Mill Foundation
- Paws on Your Heart Pet Rescue
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque hosts Great Give Day each year as part of its mission to strengthen area nonprofits and inspire giving.
“Strong nonprofits help build strong communities, and that’s why supporting their work is a priority for the Community Foundation,” said Peter Supple, the Foundation’s economic opportunity coordinator. “We appreciate everyone who contributed. Every gift makes a difference.”
This year, a record number of nonprofits —182 — participated, representing Dubuque, Allamakee, Clinton, Clayton, Delaware, Jackson and Jones Counties. Since 2014, Great Give Day has raised over $2.5 million for local nonprofits.
Throughout the day, participating organizations competed for $32,750 in bonus prizes contributed by corporate sponsors.
The Clayton County Foundation for the Future and the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque thank the many generous sponsors, donors and participating nonprofits that made Great Give Day 2021 a success.
Great Give Day Sponsors
- Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto
- Dubuque Screw Products
- Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Radio Dubuque
- Telegraph Herald
- Dubuque Bank & Trust
- Foundation for the Future of Delaware County
- Klauer Manufacturing
- MidWestOne Bank
- The Vogt Group
To view the final results, visit greatgiveday.org.