Foundation awards $110K to Jones County Nonprofits
The Jones County Community Foundation honored 11 local nonprofits and charitable organizations this month, awarding them $110,000 from its annual grant cycle during an event in Wyoming. Grants supported EMS workers, youth, food pantries, libraries and more.
“We’re in a room full of people who are leading the way,” said Community Foundation board president Janet Martin. “The Community Foundation is right beside you.”
The Foundation received more than $170,000 in requests for its 2022 grant cycle. Grants were awarded to:
- Anamosa Area Ambulance — Ultrasound for ambulance
- Anamosa Community School District — The Raider Market
- City of Cascade — Library and community center
- Friends of Jones County Conservation & Nature Center — Wild for Walking storywalk trail signs
- Friends of Olin Emergency Services — Ambulance, kitchen and utility room
- Jones County Food Pantry — Support for food insecurity
- City of Monticello — Wonderbooks/VOX books for library
- NAMI Dubuque — Program launch in Jones County
- Olin Hose Company — P25 pagers and radios
- The Stone City Foundation — Visitor center
- Wyoming Fair Association — Horse arena lighting
Grants are supported by Iowa’s County Endowment Fund Program. This initiative, unique to Iowa, makes grants to create a strong community foundation infrastructure in 84 counties like Jones that do not hold state-issued gaming licenses. The Jones County Community Foundation grants out 75% of these funds and invests the remaining 25% in a permanent endowment that generates interest to be distributed in future years.
Gifts to endowment funds at the Community Foundation are eligible for the Endow Iowa 25% State Tax Credit. Community members can contribute to endowment funds established by nonprofits, which provide sustainable sources of income for these essential community service organizations.
The Foundation offers many opportunities to improve quality of life by addressing an array of local issues, both through grantmaking and community leadership. To learn more about how you can establish a fund or make a gift that impacts your community, contact Foundation Coordinator Doug Edel at email@example.com or 319-481-9182.