Jackson County nonprofits raise more than $16,000 on Great Give Day
The Community Foundation of Jackson County, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, is excited to announce that Jackson County nonprofits raised $16,836 on this year’s Great Give Day, which was held May 18.
The total includes a $3,000 matching gift from the Community Foundation of Jackson County, which provided a $250 match for participating nonprofits that raised $250.
The following local nonprofits participated:
- Bellevue Community School District
- Bellevue Public Library
- Bellevue Rotary Club Scholarship Fund
- Bernard Rescue Unit
- Community Foundation of Jackson County
- Community Foundation of Jackson County Disaster Recovery Fund
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library of Jackson County
- Dream Bellevue Endowment Fund
- Friends of Jackson County Conservation
- Jackson Co. 4-H Endowment
- Jackson County Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
- Jackson County Historical Society
- Maquoketa Area Family YMCA
- Maquoketa Art Experience
- Maquoketa Community Schools Education Fund
- Marquette Catholic Schools
- The Ohnward Fine Arts Center
- Preston Area Betterment Fund
- Preston Public Library
- St. Mary's Cemetery Maintenance Endowment Fund
- Together We Build - Jackson Co. Fair & ISU Extension/4-H Outreach Center
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque hosts Great Give Day each year as part of its mission to strengthen local nonprofits and inspire giving. The May 18 event gave a major boost to area nonprofits by bringing in 2,453 gifts and $347,658 for organizations across the Community Foundation’s seven-county service region.
“Strong nonprofits help build strong communities, and that’s why supporting their work is a priority for the Community Foundation,” said Peter Supple, director of nonprofits at the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque. “Our community really shines on Great Give Day and shows the generosity Iowans are known for. We appreciate everyone who contributed. Every gift makes a difference.”
This year, a record 190 organizations participated, representing Dubuque, Allamakee, Clinton, Clayton, Delaware, Jackson and Jones Counties. Since 2014, Great Give Day has raised over $2.8 million for local nonprofits.
Throughout the day, participating organizations competed for $22,750 in bonus prizes contributed by corporate sponsors.
The Community Foundation thanks the many generous sponsors, donors and participating nonprofits that made Great Give Day 2022 a success.
Great Give Day Sponsors
- Dupaco Community Credit Union
- MidWestOne Bank
- Theisen’s Home*Farm*Auto
- Foundation for the Future of Delaware County
- Klauer Manufacturing
- Avantax Planning Partners (formerly Honkamp Krueger Financial Services)
- First Community Trust
- GreenState Credit Union
- Ohnward Bancshares
- The Vogt Group
- Radio Dubuque
- Telegraph Herald
To view the final results, visit greatgiveday.org.