Jones County nonprofits awarded $111,000
The Jones County Community Foundation recognized the hard work of 24 local nonprofits and charitable organizations this month, awarding them $111,000 from its annual grant cycle during an event at the Lawrence Community Center in Anamosa.
The annual event was a celebration of nonprofits serving Jones County as well as the Foundation and its initiatives, like the early literacy efforts of the Jones County Campaign for Grade-Level Reading. The Foundation supported the creation of a children’s book, “ABC’s of Jones County,” which has been distributed to 500 children countywide.
This year’s grants will help tackle critical issues, including food assistance, child care, education and emergency response.
This year’s grant recipients are:
- American Legion Wapsi Post 473
- Anamosa Lunches for Youth
- Camp Courageous of Iowa
- Cedar Jones Early Childhood Iowa
- City of Martelle
- City of Morley
- Eastern Iowa Conservation Foundation
- Emergency Medical Association of Jones County
- Every Child Reads Jones County
- Friends of the Anamosa Library
- Jones County Historical Society
- Jones County Migrant Inclusion Team
- Jones Regional Medical Center Foundation
- Lisbon – Mt Vernon Ambulance
- Midland PATS
- Monticello Emergency Medical Team
- Monticello Heritage & Cultural Center
- Monticello Iowa Main Street
- Olin Food Pantry
- Olin Splash Pad
- St John’s Christian Daycare
- Teufelhund Veterans Group
- Vision to Learn
The Foundation offers many opportunities to improve quality of life by addressing an array of local issues, both through grantmaking and community leadership. To learn more about how you can establish a fund or make a gift that impacts your community, contact Executive Director Doug Edel at 319-481-9182 or email email@example.com.