Board Boot Camp
Build a strong board to increase your nonprofit’s impact.
Are you interested in strengthening your role as a nonprofit board member? Does your board need a refresher course?
In this two-hour program, you will learn:
- The difference between nonprofit and for-profit entities, including legal considerations
- Board member roles and responsibilities
- Effective leadership and oversight
“I found the experience awesome. It was educational, enjoyable and worthwhile. I highly recommend this experience for new members to boards.”
Training for Impact
Our program is based on best practices for developing dynamic, impactful nonprofit boards. It was developed by MAP for Nonprofits, the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque and the Larned A. Waterman Iowa Nonprofit Resource Center.
This training is open to:
- Board members new to nonprofit service
- Nonprofit board members who want to be more effective
- Prospective nonprofit board members
- Nonprofit staff members
Start building a stronger board today!
$40 — at the Community Foundation offices
$300 — in-person training at another location
Take home materials included; Reduced fee available to nonprofit start-ups — call for details